Today I had my final exam for my MA. My (unconfirmed) grade is a pass, with distinction. Naturally I’m over the moon, and have celebrated by watching subbed German and sleeping. It’s a rock ‘n’ roll life.
I didn’t write a dedication in my thesis because I find them a bit odd, but now that I know it wasn’t a complete waste of time and money I’d like to take this opportunity to thank my family, for giving me unreasonably high standards to meet, my friends, for helping me remember I don’t actually need to meet them to be an acceptable person, boyfriend (who bought me theatre tickets as a reward because he knows me well), all of my bizarre and wonderful colleagues, and 2/3 of my supervisory team.
And now, I’ve taken my course-related books back to the library (sad, given I’ve had a few for the last 28 months, and no-one else is going to read them for ages) and am excited that after years of feeling like I shouldn’t read other things, I can finally read normal books. The current list stands at:
– Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz
– Yes Please by Amy Poehler
– Libya; The History of Gaddafi’s Pariah State by John Oakes
– All of the remaining Terry Pratchett books (I’ve read as far as “The Truth”)
– Tess of the d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
– Borderlands/La Frontera by Gloria Anzaldúa (because I really didn’t pay attention the first time)
Back in about 10 years (or 10 minutes) when I’m finished.