(Listicles are still a cool and popular format, right?)
- I am quite good at folding large numbers of costume bags
- In general life I am quite body-conscious and avoid showing skin if I can help it. But I will absolutely strip to my undies in the corridor of a theatre for a quick change and not bat an eye
- I still can’t dance.
- Dressing-room camaraderie is just lovely, and during a stressful week I could not have wished for nicer people to share a bench with
- There are levels of tired I haven’t reached yet, but dear lord I have been close this week
- Children are better actors than everyone, I’ll hear no more on the matter.
- Children are incredibly strong (or I am incredibly weak)
- Nothing beats a good pair of legwarmers.
- I am wife material, if your definition includes turning up in hotpants with cupcakes.
- Creative people can do amazing things with a few square foot of space and I am in awe of the crew.
- I want to do props for the rest of my life
- It is possible to do a choir concert and then 6 all-singing all-dancing musicals, but it is not advisable
- If you leave my parents alone for 24 hours they will completely re-landscape your garden
- I love theatre. I don’t understand how I forget this. It’s just brilliant. Get yourself down to a theatre and get involved (and if you’re a bit inept like me, find the friendly and inclusive people because it makes all the difference in the world).
The Wedding Singer was incredible, and I am ever so sad to say goodbye to it. I’m excited to revel in my free time of course (barring the two board meetings and two subcommittees I have this week) but I’m so excited to be part of a new community of people and I’m excited for the next thing, whatever it is. Probably panto to be honest. Remember the time I dressed as a fish for a pantomime? A story for another day.
LIDOS, it has been swell.
…and if you need something to do over the summer, can I recommend the fabulous Left Bank Opera Festival?
Left Bank Opera festival – 22nd-26th Aug, Left Bank, with Northern Opera Group