I’ve spent all afternoon singing, and I’ve no idea where the song choice came from. I do love a good sing though, so I thought today’s update could be the songs I most like to sing.
*Disclaimer. These are not songs I sing for other people. I will not sing for you. I am not a good singer. Yes, I know I did opera. Still not a singer, still not singing for you.
- Fly me to the Moon – Frank Sinatra.
Who doesn’t love singing swing?
- Transatlanticism – Death Cab for Cutie.
(Who was guessing how long I’d manage before a DCfC song?)
- Life in Letters – Lucy Scwartz
To be honest, this is just a lovely tune.
- Angels – All Angels
I love this version, and I definitely always try to sing all the parts. Also All Angels were just great and I definitely wanted to be them.
- Chained to the Rhythm – Katy Perry.
Because how can you not really?
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
HOLD ON TO THAT FEEEEEEEEEEELLINNNN
- Ferry Cross the Mersey – Gerry and the Pacemakers
Or really anything from my mum’s 60s album. But mostly this.
- Eliza’s Aria – Elena Katz-Chernin
The most fun piece of bank advert music ever.
- Swing Life Away – Rise Against
I can’t help my age, ok.
- Don’t Cry for Me Argentina – Evita
One of these at least was going to be a musical, and if we’re talking about a slow build and fantastic finale (which we are, obviously) then nothing comes close to this.