So back to the music thing. Here is a playlist of some of my favourite summer songs, and what they remind me of:
1) La La La – Naughty Boy feat. Sam Smith: I’ve already mentioned this one. It reminds me of this summer, which luckily for me included a holiday to Cyprus with Boyfriend. It was sweltering but absolutely lovely.
2) Turbulance – Steve Aoki, Laidback Luke feat. Lil Jon: This reminds me of the firs time I visited Cyprus with boyfriend. We stupidly went right in the middle of summer and it was basically too hot to leave the house. This kept coming on the music channels, and we got addicted to it.
3) Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen: The summer of Call Me Maybe was loads of fun, not least because of all the amazing YouTube parodies. Boyfriend sent me a link to it while I was in Spain, with a message basically saying “This might be an awful song, but the string backing sounds brilliant” – he’s right.
4) Summer Jam – The Underdog Project: This was one of the tunes that was popular when I first started going out clubbing. The best nights were the ones which started with an amazing summer day that ran seamlessly into a great summer night.
5) Alphabeat – Fascination: This is one of my greatest summer memories. It reminds me of a summer I spent mostly in the park, with one of my best friends. Honestly, we mostly sat and watched the boys in the skate park (which was great in summer when they took their tops off *giggles like a teenager*).
There are a million other songs I could pick, but these ones hold really strong memories, so I thought they’d be best to share. And I hope that in a few years I’ll be able to look back at this post as a kind of time capsule.